Whatever the complexity or urgency of the situation your organization faces, DBS’ forensic services practice can provide seasoned support and solutions. We combine forensic accounting and investigative skills to organizations (and their lawyers) that are facing issues with financial and legal implications, to help to make intelligent, informed decisions whether in the boardroom or the courtroom.
We can help if:
- You need an independent evaluation of loss and damage arising from a breach of contract or tort.
- You are involved in litigation or (international) arbitration and require an expert witness.
- You need to investigate and analyze a claim in a country using local knowledge of business/accounting practice.
- Your organization has suffered fraud.
- Your organization is facing bribery & corruption claims or there is a suspicion of accounting manipulation, or inappropriate/inadequate disclosure.
- You are subject to an investigation by the SEC or the DoJ in the United States or you face shareholder class action.
- You want to ensure that you are in compliance with anti-money laundering and other financial crime regulations.
- There are concerns about the effectiveness of anti-fraud programs, controls over financial reporting.
- You have a major insurance claim to deal with.
- You want to make sure that your royalty income is correct and to audit your licensing contracts.
The services we provide include:
Dispute support services
We provide financial, economic and business services to both lawyers and corporate clients globally who are involved in litigation, arbitration, and other alternative dispute resolution forums. Our experienced professionals can offer assistance with early case assessment, class certification, discovery assistance, quantification of exposure, claim preparation, and rebuttal and expert witness testimony. Whatever the situation, from breach of contract or warranty to income losses from torts, we are here to help. We offer specialized services with: